There’s something about the smell of toasting cinnamon that really brings me back to my childhood. SosiSafe french toast is peanut free and milk free and oh so scrumptious. The addition of Silk Almond Milk, sweetens this recipe just enough so that no additional sugar is necessary. This recipe is eat clean and steers clear of harmful products we want to avoid. An added bonus to this recipe is the use of a Sandwich cutter, such as this cute Penguin shape by Munchkin. It makes the dish visually appealing and more intriguing for the ever-questioning toddler mind.
A weekend tradition of enjoying french toast continues in our family and I am so glad that it is SosiSafe!
Easy Peasy Prep:
-1 tbsp coconut oil (to grease the pan)
-1 tbsp Silk Almond Milk (Original)
-6 slices of Squirrelly Bread (
Peanut and milk free!)
- Heat up the pan to medium heat. Use 1/2 the tablespoon of coconut oil for the first batch of penguins.
- Mix the 3 eggs, 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1 tbsp of Silk Almond Milk together in a large bowl.
- Pre-cut the penguins using the super fun Penguin Munchkin sandwich cutter before dunking / cooking. This saves your hands from the hot finished french toast.
- Dunk the first 2 penguins into the bowl; make sure to allow the bread to absorb the mixture (about 30 seconds per side).
- Place the coated penguins into the pan and repeat the process until the pan in full (usually 6 or 7 penguins can fit in a standard size frying pan).
- Leave the penguins on medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side. Once you see the golden yellow of the eggs starting to crisp up, it is time to flip.
- Flip and time for another 2-3 minutes. The smell at this point should be incredible and your family will start asking, “what’s for breakfast?!”
- Remove the cooked penguins from the frying pan, set aside and complete the rest of the batch following the same steps. Make sure to add the remaining coconut oil to the pan.
- Time to top your peanut free and milk free French toast!
- all natural Maple Syrup
- mixed berries
- crushed up walnuts or cashews (only ones made in peanut and milk free facilities)
Cute penguin sandwich cutter 🙂