Frothy Almond Milk Delight (Caramel)
This frothy almond milk beverage is as sweet as it is allergy aware. This warm pick-me-up is peanut free and milk free and contains just the right amount of sweetness.
The great thing about making these beverages at home is the ability to regulate all the ingredients and make sure the products being used are all peanut free and milk free. My husband (who is an avid coffee man) purchased a coffee maker that has a cool frother attachment. It is easy to use and creates a drink that is steamy and enjoyable.
Another great motivator for making these at home is the price! It is much cheaper than traditional take out beverage locations.
This particular mug has a shot of caramel to accompany the Almond Milk base. The Silk Vanilla Almond Milk is my brand of choice as their blend contains NON-GMO Verified ingredients (major bonus!) and a flavour that tastes naturally sweet.
Easy Peasy Prep
- 1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 shot of Caramel Sweetener (you can also get away with half)
- glass Mason jar or mug of your choice
- Frothing apparatus
- Add 1 cup of almond milk to the mug
- Warm up the milk in the microwave (the timing varies greatly depending on the size of your mug, the power of your microwave etc.). I find about 45 seconds works for luke-warm, and then an additional 30 seconds once I have finished the frothing process.
Note: You can also heat up the milk using the stovetop and a pot, just depends home much time you have. Please be careful with whichever method you choose as the liquid and the container gets very hot.
- Froth for about 45 seconds or until you no longer see liquid at the bottom of the mug.
- Add in 1 shot of caramel flavouring and again froth for about 10 seconds to mix in the mouth watering flavour.
Enjoy your peanut free and
milk free treat!