Peanut Free ✓
Milk Free ✓
Eat Clean ✓
SosiSafe No-Bake Oatmeal Bars get all the checks! With only 5 peanut free and milk free ingredients this recipe is super quick to prep, “cook”, and set. Oatmeal bars are an easy way to cut down on the unwanted preservatives and flavour additives found in many mainstream granola bars. When you make a homemade version of this lunchbox staple, you will quickly trade in the old for the new.
When it comes to packing lunches I am a huge fan of make your own as it greatly reduces the amount of garbage output each day. Think about 5 granola bar wrappers a week, multiplied by roughly 27 school weeks per year, that’s 135 wrappers you could be saving (high five for you, from the earth!)
These No-Bake Oatmeal Buddy Bars are easily portable, however, I like to keep mine as cold as possible, for as long as possible. These delicious delights have no artificial sticky substances holding the nutritious ingredients together, so once the syrup or honey warms up, you need to eat them quick (usually not a problem around here).
Versatility is great and these bars are full of options. You can easily substitute or add in cashews, almonds, pistachios, or even dried fruit. The almond butter can be swapped for any nut or seed butter. These also taste really great served with our Almond Butter Melt.
Easy Peasy Prep
- 2 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 cup almond smooth almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (food processed and crushed)
- 1/8 cup syrup or honey (not for under 1 years of age)
- 1/4 raisins
- parchment paper (totally optional)
- glass storage container (if skipping parchment paper)
- large stainless steel pot
- wooden spoon
- Munchkin Silly Sandwich Cutter Set, 3 count by Munchkin
- Add the coconut oil to the pan, warm on low heat until the oil liquifies.
- Add in the almond butter, mix with the coconut oil until it becomes one liquid.
- Remove from heat.
- In the pot, stir in walnuts and oats. Add the syrup or honey last (since it is the sticky substance for this recipe).
- Place the mixture into the sandwich cutters and press firmly until they are fully packed.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- Carefully remove from cutter and serve.
Enjoy your peanut free and milk free No-Bake Oatmeal Buddy Bars!