Homemade Burger Patty
- Silver Hills Bakery Buns * (or other peanut free and milk free variety).
- 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef, turkey, or pork
- 1 toasted Silver Hills Bakery piece of Squirrely Bread* (or other peanut free and milk free variety)
- 1/4 cup Hardez salsa
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp of onion powder (Club House is peanut free)*
- ½ tsp freeze dried garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
IF you have time, 1 clove of roasted garlic with ½ a small white sautéed onion make these burgers taste even better!
- Toast the slice of bread (or if you have a stale piece, the toasting is not necessary). Crumble into small pieces or use a food processor to make into crumbs.
- Mix the egg and meat together in a deep bowl while the toast is toasting.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Divide into 4-6 burger patties, this will depend how big the buns are, you want them to match.
BBQ the burgers. Try and flip as minimally as possible so they do not fall apart.
According to this super fun infographic, from The Food Network; ground beef needs to be 160 degrees Fahrenheit to be fully cooked. I always use a thermometer to check when meat is done. I think it is best to purchase one that is easy to read, has a fold up probe, like the ThermoPro TP03A Digital Thermometers and are stainless steel.
While your burgers are cooking, don’t forget to toast those buns.
Last but not least, slice the ‘ole apple. Nobody likes brown apples.
If you are looking for more ways to engage your child in healthier eating habits, check outHow to Serve Meals your Little Ones will Actually Eat.
*Always make sure to check the ingredients and products listed in each recipe. Companies may change facilities or ingredients at any time.