Banana-Walnut Oat-Loaf is a spin on traditional banana bread. This recipe includes only whole ingredients and creates a dense loaf that is super satisfying and filling. We love this recipe as a portable snack or after dinner treat with some warm frothy milk, or a delicious cup of tea.
Easy Peasy Prep
- 3 cups oat flour (we make our own using a blender, it takes about 3 ½ cups to get the amount needed)
- 3 mashed up, super ripe bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp coconut oil (greasing the baking pan)
- 9 inch glass baking pan
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the glass-baking dish with the coconut oil.
- In a large bowl crack the egg first (check for shells), and then mix in applesauce, and bananas (mash the bananas with a fork).
- In a separate bowl mix in oats, salt, baking powder, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Combine and mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Use the ‘ole toothpick trick to make sure it is baked all the way through.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Note: This loaf is marvellous served with additional banana slices, crushed walnuts, and our sweet Almond Butter Melt.
Enjoy your peanut free and milk free Banana-Walnut OatLoaf!
Peanut Free ✓
Milk Free ✓
Eat Clean ✓