Our children are constantly invited to have sugary treats. Birthday parties are not the only culprits as grocery store shelves are packed with sugary food offerings marketed for baby and toddlers. The unfortunate thing is, “People expect baby and toddler foods to be held to […]
Month: August 2017
Behaviour Balancing Breakfast Smoothie! Try this delicious peanut free, eat clean, no dairy combo. Easy toddler meal in under 5 minutes!
Easy how to!
- Bring 1 cup (250 ml) almond milk (or other milk of your choice) to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup (125ml) quick oats, reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute. I like to stir so the oats do not stick to the bottom.
- Take off of the heat, cover and leave for 2 to 3 minutes. I like to add in chopped up apples during this time so they soften up.
Some of our favourites to add in / on
- mix in 1 tablespoon almond butter
- crushed up walnut on top (about 1 tbsp)
- apple sauce mixed in or on the side
- blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- maple syrup swirl
don't forget to pin for later!
This is by far our toddlers favourite recipe! I wanted to create a delicious peanut free and milk free “pancake” option. It needed to be quick and easy like traditional pancakes, without the unnecessary additives found in common pre-made mixes.