Are you searching for a side-dish that includes hidden veggies? This Rice Pilaf needs to be added to your weekly meal planning asap. The celery is undetectable and the carrots are so tiny, even the pickiest of eaters will have a hard time tasting them. Make sure to soak the rice beforehand, and chop the veggies as tiny as can be. Enjoy!
Rice Pilaf – with hidden veggies!
- 3/4 cup Basmati Rice (Long grain works as well)
- 1 cup Shredded carrots and celery (Approximately one carrot and two celery stalks)
- 2 tbsp diced onion (optional)
- 1 3/4 Cups Organic chicken broth (homemade recipe found below)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (greasing pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prep your carrots, celery, and onion for the food processor. I highly recommend chopping it up small so it is close to a rice size (thanks to Santa I have a Ninja and I love it). *link below
- Soak your rice for 5 minutes, and then rinse three times. I have been following this process for a few years now and the rice turns out fluffier.
- Drain the rice and add in the chicken stock. Slowly mix in the veggies. Cover and cook in the over for 50-60 minutes. Depending on your dish, you may need to check halfway through and give it a stir.